Frequently Asked Questions
The citation number is located at the top of the ticket.
You can pay your parking citation in any of the following ways:
- (512) 393-8190
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, or Discover.
- No additional fee to pay by phone. Please have your parking citation number or the vehicle license plate number ready.
- Mailed directly to the courts address at 712 Stagecoach Trail, Suite #2233, San Marcos, TX 78666
- Personal check or money order can made out to the "City of San Marcos"
- Please write the citation number in the memo field to ensure your payment is correctly applied.
- NEVER MAIL CASH
- In Person
- San Marcos Municipal Court
- 712 S. Stagecoach Trail, San Marcos, TX 78666
- Monday - Friday
- 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, closed 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM for Lunch.
- Closed holidays and weekends.
Contact the Parking enforcement office at (512)753-2140 or Parkinginfo@sanmarcostx.gov
We can search for your citation using your license plate number. Please include your license plate number in your email or have it ready when calling.
Please see the previous section for payment options.
The San Marcos Marshals Office is responsible for upholding the city ordinances regarding co
Parking Enforcement Citations will list the violation and location in the second and third sections under violation.
Marshals Citations will list the violation and location near the top of the ticket as shown below.
If you need clarification regarding the reasoning for citation issuance, you can contact the Parking Enforcement Office
Unpaid parking citations can result in additional fines, and/or the immobilization and impoundment of the vehicle at the owner's expense.
Citations not paid within 15 days of receipt or, when contested, 15 days of determination of liability by a hearing officer, will be assessed an additional fee of 50% of the original penalty fee.
- I received a parking citation in a residential parking permit area but i have a permit. What do i do?
Contact the Parking Enforcement office, and provide the following information
- Permit number(s)
- Citation number
We will verify with our records, the status of your permit.
If your permit is expired or invalid for the location of the residence, you can come into the Parking Enforcement office and apply for a new permit. Once you have renewed or purchased a new permit, we will void your citation.
Note: When applying for a new parking permit you must provide proof of residence.
- Residential Permit - $5
- Guest Permit - $5
- One Day Pass - $0.10
- Temporary Construction Permit - No Cost.
Residents may purchase a maximum of three resident passes and two guest passes for a total of five permits per household.