FREE ANNUAL SPRING SHRED DAY RETURNS!
April 22, 2023 (weather permitting)
9am - 12pm (or if the truck is full before noon)
San Marcos City Hall Parking Lot
San Marcos and Hays County Residents ONLY!
NO COMMERICAL BUSINESSES PLEASE
With the awareness of identity theft, it is important to carefully dispose of personal records, including financial and medical records.
1) Only dry paper packed in cardboard boxes or larger than 24”x24”x36” with fitting lids or securely closed box flaps will be accepted.
2) Do not bring plastics of any kind, electronic media, batteries, or three-ring binders. All shredded materials will be recycled.
3) Please do not tape boxes. No more than 3 boxes per vehicle will be accepted.
Please assist us in making this event successful and safe. In the past, we have allowed vehicles to park and wait in line before 9 am. This year we are asking for citizens to avoid arriving before 9 am. Citizens will be turned away until the event begins. Please remain in your vehicle throughout the event.
It is important to carefully dispose of credit card statements, checking account records, prescription documents, medical insurance files, and other sensitive material. All shredded material will be recycled.
- Due to increased demand and to ensure the safety of the volunteers, we will only accept paper in cardboard boxes with lids or flaps that close and are no larger than 24” x 24” x 36”. Please do not tape boxes.
- We cannot accept hard plastics, plastic bags, electronic media and three-ring binders.
- For more information about this event, please call 512-393-8084.